Friday, December 7, 2018

God's "NO"s and Blurry Photos



Let me clear: these are terrible pictures. But to me, blurry photos often indicate too much joy is present.

In Psalms today I was reminded how sometimes God seems silent and we just have to REMEMBER what He has already brought us out of and trust He will do it again. And as I reflected on what He has brought me out of I couldn't help but think of this picture.

As a teenager I thought I knew what I wanted for my life, what was best for me, and who I wanted to be. I asked for it often.

God said "No." (An unpopular decision at the time)

But that "NO" gave me this life.

This husband who adores his kids (and his lovely wife). Who wraps them in hugs and kisses and makes them laugh so hard they can't even sit still for a single photo.

These kids who bring so much joy to our lives. Who make us laugh. Who keep us guessing. Who show us love in the more sincere ways.


And DAILY I am thankful for God's "No"s and blurry photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment